At the end of school holidays in early February, the older youth from CAIJ were treated to a fabulous day- out at the military recreation centre, located a short distance from the Corumbá – Bolivia border.
The day started with an evaluation/reflection exercise on their experience as young leaders and ways they could improve. This was then followed by some team building games, churrascarias for lunch, a fun afternoon in the swimming pool, some football, volleyball and hanging out in the shade. If ever you are in Corumbá, then this is a great place to visit for rest and relaxation, and of course, to cool down when the temperatures are soaring above 35 degrees Celsius.
- The Sky is Everywhere (lovewondering.wordpress.com)
- Resurecting an Old Idea – Will you help me? (talktodiana.wordpress.com)
- Four Reasons, Four Sons, For Goodness’ Sake – We Need Young Volunteers! (jvnblog.com)
- Jackie Ostfeld: Employing Youth to Protect Our Natural Heritage: Win-Win Solutions in Tough Economic Times (huffingtonpost.com)
- Young jobless total falls slightly (bbc.co.uk)
- In Kenya’s election, jobs are the most pressing issue for young people | Andrew Green (guardian.co.uk)