August is a month of special anniversaries for CAIJ. In fact it was a double celebration, the anniversary of Dom Bosco and CAIJ’s 5th year of operation in Corumba, Brazil. Follow this link to see how the young people honoured their patron saint celebrated his legacy – CAIJ continues to meet the needs of children and young people in a community where families are easily marginalised and live in poverty. https://picasaweb.google.com/111166451295496640324/24DeAgostoDe201302?authuser=0&feat=directlink
I glorify the Lord this day as I travel from Corumbá to Campo Grande – the awe-inspiring scenery – blue skies, mountains, rivers, foliage, flora and fauna. My heart takes a leap at the signs of Gods’ wonders. I am reminded that “His love endures forever”, and how everything “praises the Lord forever.”
I thank god for the gift of awe and wonder. It is a marvelous thing under heaven. The red earth, a result of millions of years of creation in God’s hands, what splendour…and yet he is not finished with our gentle earth to whom he has given us stewardship over.
- Bem-Vindo ao Brasil (venusonmission.wordpress.com)
- Aye.Corumba. – Corumba, Brazil (travelpod.com)
- Things of God That Reward Our Life (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- Whom shall I fear? (abundanceis.wordpress.com)
- “I AM BLESSED” – Feb. 22 (boyslumber.wordpress.com)
- Lost in Translation (venusonmission.wordpress.com)
If you’re you going to spend time with young people then a great place to start is a university. Under the superb guidance of Samila and Tais, I was given an extensive tour comprising the library, various departments like psychology where Samila did her masters, the chaplaincy office, gym and swimming pool. The highlight for the girls, well mine too, was their popular radio station, 91.5 FM, which brought back lots of fun memories of my radio days in Trinidad.
- Don Bosco relics to visit Southwark, January 2013 (1catholicsalmon.com)
- Don Bosco’s Christmas Advice (yearoffaith2013.com)